12.14.16: Get covered.
In the wealthiest nation on Earth, no one should go broke just because they get sick. - President Barack Obama, 2013
The days of the Affordable Care Act may be coming to an end. In the last three years, 20 million people have gotten health coverage who didn't have it before, and in spite of Republicans' claims, Obamacare has had a positive impact on the American economy. Tomorrow is the deadline to sign up for coverage starting January 1, so there's no time to waste! Today's call to action: get insured today, or help someone else get insurance for 2017.
Learn about the ACA and "Repeal and Replace" threats from Republicans
- Obamacare is helping a lot of people. Not everyone thinks that's a good thing. (Washington Post)
- Why Obamacare enrollees voted for Trump (Vox)
- Obamacare repeal, transition and replace: the Republicans have a tiger by the tail! (Forbes)
- Why keeping only the popular parts of Obamacare won't work (New York Times)
Act to sign up for health insurance, or help a friend or family member
- Visit healthcare.gov to sign up for new coverage or renew existing coverage
- Get help picking the right plan for yourself and your family
- Help someone you know get coverage by sharing the United Way's 211 program info
Share to spread the word that now is the time to get covered
- Tell your friends and family: today is the day to get covered -- tomorrow is the January deadline!
- Share this post with your friends on social media with the hashtag #getcovered
- Be a social media superstar: watch and share this video of Bill Murray and President Obama encouraging people to #getcovered