1.11.17: Support the Presidential Accountability Act
Unfurl your accountability flag.
Donald Trump's tangled web of business and financial interests puts America at risk. He and his family have refused to divest from companies they own, and haven't even disclosed all of their holdings publicly. The President of the United States shouldn't owe billions of dollars to domestic and foreign entities, and if he does, we deserve to know who they are. Even Trump's Cabinet nominees are taking this as a green light for their own repudiation of proper disclosure. Today's call to action: add your voice to the demand for accountability from the President, his family, and his cabinet.
Learn: how lack of accountability allows Trump’s conflicts of interests to remain both costly and dangerous
- Past national security officials to Trump: disclose foreign interests (CNN)
- Trump business deals in Southeast Asia raise conflict of interest concerns (NPR)
- Trump’s foreign business entanglements would create unparalleled conflicts (Wall Street Journal)
- Bipartisan group urges Trump, family to divest from private business (Washington Post)
- Will America pay to protect Trump buildings all over the world? (Bloomberg)
Act: hold Trump, his family, and his cabinet accountable for resolving conflicts of interest
- Join the #grabyourwallet campaign to boycott Trump family businesses and vote with your hard earned dollars
- Tell the General Services Administration that they must revoke Donald Trump's DC hotel lease (via Wall of Us)
- Ask your Congressional reps to support the bipartisan letter urging divestment, Elizabeth Warren’s Senate bill, and Katherine Clarke’s House bill using our call script:
Share: what does presidential accountability mean to you?
- Share the #grabyourwallet action guide to help your friends vote for accountability with their hard-earned dollars
- Sign up to receive alerts on relevant legislation from Congress
- Post these principles of public service, from the Department of Defense as a reminder of our national standard
- Invite your friends to join Project 1461 and help us build our community