1.12.17: Protect our planet from irreversible harm
The climate change deniers are coming.
The president-elect says climate change is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese. His Secretary of State appointee led a company that funded research that argued against climate change. And his appointee for head of the Environmental Protection agency fought against the EPA as a state attorney general and has denied that climate change is settled science. With January 20th quickly approaching, the time to protect the planet for future generations is now. Today's call to action: help Obama protect the planet before Trump takes office.
Learn: how Trump and his cronies will hurt the environment
- It's hard to overstate how anti-environment Trump's cabinet picks are (Huffington Post)
- Climate change and the incoming Trump government (New York Times)
- Donald Trump and the triumph of climate change denial (The Atlantic)
Act: protect the planet now and when Trump takes office
- Send a message to the White House telling Obama to strengthen environmental regulations before he leaves office
- Join The People's Movement and find out about climate change rallies near you
- Take the Climate Pledge and hold world leaders accountable for keeping the promises of the Paris Agreement
- Donate to an organization that's fighting climate change
Share: invite your friends to join you in taking action
- Read and share the EPA's guide on what you can do about climate change
- Join a local climate action group through 350.org and bring your friends
- Tweet and share this article on social media: 5 things to do about climate change, just in time for the new year (Huffington Post)