1.24.17: Hit the streets
You're fired up. You're ready to go. Now what? #StandIndivisible.
Last night, MoveOn.org, Indivisible, and the Working Families Party held an emergency organizing call that was attended by over 30,000 people. The topic? How to take "immediate and effective action to https://act.moveon.org/survey/indivisible, starting with rallies at our senators' district offices this Tuesday to stop Trump's #SwampCabinet." Today -- yes, today! -- there are actions happening in-person all over the country in affiliation with local Indivisible groups. Today's call to action: find your local Indivisible chapter, get linked up, and hit the streets.
- Visit the Indivisible Guide to find your local group. You can also search Facebook and Twitter for "Indivisible [your town/city/state]."
- Find out if your local group, or one nearby, is hosting a day of action TODAY at your Senators' offices by checking their website and social media. Some groups have even published guides to the biggest issues on which they'll be pressing their reps. (Pro tip: if you're not sure what to say when you go, Trump's #SwampCabinet is a good bet and you can use our post as a guide.)
- Lace up your sneakers and hit the pavement!
If you're unable to join because...
You can't find an Indivisible group near you:
- Search locations nearby and see if there's a state chapter that's forming; especially since tomorrow's day of action is with the Senate, you can link up with them.
- Start one yourself: read the Indivisible Guide for information on what to do, then invite your friends to join you and set up your social media presence. People will find you!
- Show up anyway: your Senators work for YOU -- it's okay to show up at their local offices with a message to share!
You can't make it for the day of action:
- Contact your local Indivisible group to get on their mailing list, or follow them on social media for more information about what they're planning
- Get back on the horn with your Senators, especially about Trump's awful cabinet picks. (Better cabinets at Ikea, remember?) Just because you can't be there in person doesn't mean you have to take the day off!
- Make a plan for next Tuesday... and every Tuesday after that. Indivisible groups will be planning days of action every single Tuesday -- find one that you can attend and see #3 above!