1.4.17: Back the NAACP, oppose Jeff Sessions for AG
Jeff Sessions is "the worst possible nominee... at the worst possible moment."
Yesterday, leaders from the national and Alabama NAACP staged a sit-in at the office of Senator Jeff Sessions, Donald Trump's intended appointee for Attorney General. Among other things, the Attorney General is responsible for enforcing civil rights laws and investigating complaints. So why then, as the NAACP asked, would Trump nominate a known racist and civil rights opponent for the job? Sessions' confirmation hearings start next week, so there's no time to waste with this one. Today's call to action: stand with the NAACP and stop Jeff Sessions from becoming Attorney General.
Learn: why Sessions is a terrible choice for AG
- Jeff Sessions: the facts (American Civil Liberties Union)
- Jeff Sessions on the issues (ontheissues.org)
- Jeff Sessions' alarming history of opposing civil rights (Salon)
- Jeff Sessions said he handled these civil rights cases. He barely touched them. (Washington Post)
Act: stand with Democrats and the NAACP to oppose Sessions
- Send this simple form letter to your Senators telling them to reject Sessions
- Donate to the national or Alabama chapter of the NAACP to support their efforts
- Tweet your appreciation for the NAACP's sit-in: @alabamanaacp and @naacp
Share: there's no time to waste -- spread the word today
Have friends who live in Iowa, Vermont, Utah, California, New York, South Carolina, Illinois, Texas, Rhode Island, Minnesota, Arizona, Delaware, Louisiana, Connecticut, Georgia, or North Carolina? (We're sure you do!!) If so, tell them that one of their Senators is on the Judiciary Committee and share this post with them.