1.5.17: Don't let Republicans #MakeAmericaSickAgain
Americans want to keep their healthcare, and the GOP knows it.
Republicans in Congress have named repealing and replacing Obamacare as one of their top priorities, even though a majority of Americans want to keep or expand it -- and even though experts agree that it will be virtually impossible to keep the popular parts of the Affordable Care Act and get rid of others. Democrats across the country are planning a day of action for January 15th, and today Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer announced the catchphrase "Make America Sick Again" to describe the GOP's plans. Today's call to action: Join with Congressional Democrats to protect the Affordable Care Act.
Learn: the 411 on the ACA, and the GOP's plan to "repeal and replace"
- Democrats: Trump will make America sick again (Washington Post)
- A bipartisan reason to save Obamacare (New York Times)
- As Obamacare faces repeal, its legacy is still up in the air (Five Thirty Eight)
- Republicans plan to repeal Affordable Care Act in new session (NPR)
- The real numbers on 'The Obamacare Effect' are in - now let the crow-eating begin (Forbes)
Act: get covered and find a day of action near you
- First and foremost: do you have coverage? Know someone who needs it? Enroll today -- there are only 26 days left to sign up, and the more people who sign up, the harder it is for Republicans to claim they have a mandate to repeal.
- Make plans to join a Day of Action near you on January 15th -- there's not a great list of events yet, but we found some on Facebook and the Action Network. We also strongly encourage tweeting, emailing, and calling your Congressional reps to ask them to plan a rally!
Share: spread the word about #MakeAmericaSickAgain
- Know about a Save Healthcare rally near you? Share it on our Facebook page.
- Use the hashtags #savehealthcare and #makeamericasickagain when you're posting about rallies, the importance of the ACA, or the GOP's plan to repeal
- Forward this post to friends and family who don't yet have healthcare coverage, and remind them that there's no time to waste!