#GrabYourWallet, Get Ready for Thanksgiving
#GrabYourWallet to Boycott Trump
Donald Trump's business dealings are vast, and his family's products are carried by a range of retailers. Here's a simple document you can use to boycott companies that promote Trump's families' brands, as well as businesses that supported his campaign. You can also check out The Donald J. Trump Resistance, another comprehensive resource for which companies to avoid to hit Trump where it hurts: his bank account.
Get Ready to Talk to Your Family at Thanksgiving
Less than 48 hours to go until Thanksgiving. Are you ready? Here's a roundup of resources to help you talk to your friends and family about bigotry, racism, misogyny, and xenophobia. Let's #makethanksgivinguncomfortableagain!
- A pep talk to get you fired up and ready to talk to your friends and family, from The Nation Magazine
- Some basic questions for people who voted the other way to get you started, from The New York Times
- A Thanksgiving guide and a text hotline--yes really, just text SOS to 82623--with talking points for white people to talk to their white families about racial justice, from Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ)
- The types of white people you'll encounter at your Thanksgiving table, and how to deal with them, from writer Justin C. Cohen
- How to talk about and confront white supremacy with friends and relatives, from The Establishment
- A very practical guide for dealing with everyday bigotry that includes specific scenarios like addressing in-laws or houseguests, from the Southern Poverty Law Center